Public Houses

 
Reported by Anthony Steven

This list of public houses in Audenshaw has been compiled from entries in Trade Directories and Census Returns and covers references from 1821.  It is not known whether this is a comprehensive list.  The names in brackets are alternative names by which the establishments were recorded.  The names of the licencees are available on request but do not cover the whole period in which the premises were operating.
 

Angel

Beaver  (Beaver Inn)

Blue Pig  (Blue Pig Inn)

Bull

Bull’s Head  

Church Inn  

Coach & Horses

Gate   (Cross Gate – Hanging Gate Inn)

Guide Bridge Inn (Guide Bridge & Railway Inn – Guide Bridge & Railway

Hotel - The Boundary)     

Junction Inn

Mechanics Arms (The Hooley Hill)

New Inn

Pack Horse  (Pack Horse Inn)

Queen’s Arms  (Queen’s Arms Inn)

Red Lion  (Red Lion Inn – Red Lion Hotel)

Rising Sun

Rose & Crown

Royal Oak

Snipe   (Snipe Tavern – Snipe Inn)

Sun Inn  (Sun Inn & Old WhiteHouse)

Trail Hunt  (Trail Dogs)

White Hart  (White Hart Inn)



Henry and Elizabeth Brown with
daughter, Elizabeth
Landlords of The Hanging Gate
1891 - 1902