From the Listed Buildings schedule Tameside MBC.

A former transformer pillar at the junction of Audenshaw Road and Manchester Road.
The transformer pillar was built in about 1900. It is of cast iron and consists of a circular pillar on a 20th century concrete base topped by a street lamp. The face is split vertically into panels and horizontally into three stages. On the front it bears the Manchester coat-of-arms and a plate records the maker; the British Electric Transformer Company. Another plate records the restoration by Norweb  in 1983. Enriched cast iron panels are on the top stage. The conical top is above a bead and reel band. The structure is topped by a hexagonal lamp on a decorative spindle.